About the instructor
Learn Scrum and agile processes directly from Mike Cohn, one of the industry's most well respected Certified Scrum Trainers (CST). Mike Cohn is the author of User Stories Applied for Agile Software Development, Agile Estimating and Planning, and Succeeding with Agile. He is a co-founder and former board member of the Scrum Alliance, and a co-founder of the non-profit Agile Alliance, home of the Agile Manifesto.
Improve Your Ability to Plan Agile Projects
By taking this interactive video course that will
Build Your Knowledge of Agile Estimating and Planning
Agile Estimating & Planning is the only course based on the best-selling book written by perhaps the most in-demand instructor in the industry, Mike Cohn. Mike’s unique “in the trenches” approach allows you to absorb the knowledge he presents and actually retain it for use on projects, even long after you’ve watched this course.
Mike has trained more than 15,000 developers, ScrumMasters, and project managers on estimating and his training continues to be in demand. But now you can access this course online, in an eLearning video course format. With over 3 hours of material, but broken into easy to digest 3-7 minute sections, you’ll step through the program at a pace that’s comfortable for you. Plus, there are quizzes along the way that help reinforce what you’ve learned and ensure that you’ve grasped key concepts.
Both streaming and download licenses are available so you can take this course with you wherever you go. You can stop and start the course whenever you like, however you could get through the entire course in a single day if you’d like. But don’t let that fool you into thinking this course is a cursory overview. It’s not. Take a look at the Table of Contents and you’ll see this Agile Estimating and Planning course covers everything you need to know for agile project planning success.
This course is for you, if …
- You're a Project Manager and want to learn how to estimate and plan agile projects.This course covers all the important topics for agile and Scrum planning--from estimating to iteration planning to release planning. You'll learn about story points and ideal days and the advantages to each. You'll leave knowing how to produce fixed-date, fixed-scope, and fixed-price plans you can be confident in, as well as how to avoid anchoring and other common pitfalls.
- You’re about to be a part of an agile project and need to gain an expert understanding of agile estimating and planning. This is the course that’ll cover everything you need to know about the agile estimating and planning process.
- You’re a ScrumMaster! As the team’s coach, it will be important for you to understand how story points differ from simply using hours, how to estimate as quickly as possible with Planning Poker, and both approaches to iteration planning so you can help your team. This course is the most efficient, fastest, and easiest way for you to learn how to estimate and plan agile projects.
- You’re a Product Owner! Bosses, clients and customers come to you asking, “When can I get all of these features?” or “How much can I get by June?” You need ways to answer those questions. This course will show you how to answer those questions and many more.
- You’re a Team Leader. This will be your ultimate Agile Estimating & Planning “download” directly into your brain. Remember, this course is interactive (with short quizzes after each section to keep you on track), and it’s broken into short, quickly watched videos on specific questions you may have.
PDUs and SEUs
Mountain Goat Software is a PMI Registered Education Provider and a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer so this course will earn you 4 (Category A) PDUs and 4 (Category B) SEUs toward certification in those organizations.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.